Once you have enrolled for the Aadhaar card, it is possible for you to check the status of the Aadhaar card with many mediums. Most of the people use the enrolment ID to check the status of Aadhaar card but there are many people who lose their enrolment ID and hence they are not sure about what to do.
Earlier, it was possible to retrieve the lost Enrolment ID and then check the status of the Aadhaar but there had been more progress on this and now, it is possible to check the status of Aadhaar card with help of your name. In this article, we have listed the process to check for Aadhaar card with help of the name and nothing else. Here is how you can do it.
The process to Check Status of Aadhaar Card with Name
- The first step of the process is to go to the Resident Portal of UIDAI. It is possible to access the Resident Portal by navigating to https://resident.uidai.gov.in
- Once the portal is displayed, click on Enrol and Get Aadhaar from the top menu bar and you will be taken to a new page where there would be several options.
- On this new page, click on Retrieve your Enrolment ID or Aadhaar. You can also use the link mentioned below to navigate to the portal directly.
- There would be a form displayed on the screen and in this form, you need to enter your Full Name, Email ID, Mobile Number and the captcha code to proceed. On entering these details, you will also have to generate an OTP and enter the OTP.
- Once the validation is successful, you will receive your Enrolment Number or the Aadhaar Number based on your selection.
Now, you have your Aadhaar Number or the enrolment Number and you can use these details to check the status of Aadhaar Card. Here is how you can do it.
- Navigate to the resident Portal of UIDAI and click on Check Aadhaar Card Status option on the home page. You can also follow the link mentioned below to be redirected to the page directly.
- On this page, you need to enter your enrolment ID you generated in the previous step. Also, enter the Security Code as per the image.
- Once you have entered the details, you just have to click on check status button to get the status.
- If your Aadhaar card has been downloaded then you can again visit the resident portal of UIDAI and click on Download Aadhaar Card to download the Aadhaar card on your system.
It should be noted that the maximum time it can take for Aadhaar card to be issued is 90 days. So, if you must wait this much of time before escalating any issue to UIDAI. If your Aadhaar card has been delayed for longer then you must escalate the issue to get things resolved and get your Aadhaar card.