UIDAI has made it possible to download Aadhaar Card through online medium and this is certainly a great convenience as you do not have to go to any of the government offices to get the duplicate copy of the Aadhaar card. You can simply print one from the web and use it as per your needs.
The UIDAI has also ensured the safety of the data and the Aadhaar card that is done and hence they secure the file downloaded by you from the web. To download the online PDF File for Aadhaar Card, follow the steps mentioned below
How to Download Aadhaar in PDF
- Navigate to the official UIDAI Site. You can also click here to visit the UIDAI Portal.
- Once you are on the portal, click on Download Aadhaar link from the Aadhaar Enrolment Tab. This link is basically to download a digital version of Aadhaar card.
- Enter all the details on this page like Aadhaar Number, Name, Pin Code, Security Code and then click on Request OTP Button.
- You will now receive an OTP on your mobile number and you need to enter the OTP in the designated area and the PDF file will be downloaded for Aadhaar.
- The file downloaded on the system would be a PDF File and it is always a password protected file so as to avoid any unauthorized access to the file by any of the users.
What is the Password for eAadhaar?
Earlier, the password of the PDF File used to be the Pin Code but now this has changed, as this was not really secure. As per the new norms, the password of the PDF File is now the first four letters of your name in capital and the birth year.
So, for example, your personal details are
Name – Sanchit Mishra
Date of Birth – 1993
In such a case, your password to open the PDF File would be SANC1993
Still Unable to Open the File?
If you are still unable to open the file then either you are entering the password wrong or you are not entering the password in Caps. It should be noted that the password is case sensitive and hence you need to enter your password in capitals. Enter your password again carefully and you will surely be able to open your Aadhaar Card in the PDF Format.
You can also print the file once you are able to open the file and it should be noted that you must not share your PDF file with anyone and do not share the password of that file with anyone. This file can be misused if you share your password and hence it must be avoided.
If in case you just enrolled for the Aadhaar and if you are unable to download the Aadhaar Card through an online medium then you must wait for a few more days till your Aadhaar card has been generated. You will be able to download the Aadhaar once it has been generated.