Aadhaar is one of the most important document we have today and you must keep all the details updated on Aadhaar card. It is the first time in the country when you can update all the details by yourself without having to take up the hassle of visiting the government centers. If you have recently moved your home and if you have not updated your address yet then you must go through this article as we have listed the steps to update the address on Aadhaar card through the offline and online medium.
Online Process to Update the Address
You should have your phone number updated on the online Aadhaar database before you can update the address through online medium. Here is how you can do it.
- You can start the process by navigating to the Self Service Update Portal of Aadhaar and to access the portal, you can click here
- Once the portal is displayed, you can click on the proceed button on the bottom of the page and this will initialize the portal to update the details.
- In the next step, you would have to enter the Aadhaar Number and then click on the Send OTP button. This will trigger an OTP request and you will receive an OTP on your mobile phone.
- Enter the OTP in the designated area and click on submit button. Now a new page will be displayed wherein you can select the details that you want to update. Select the address from the list and click on submit button once again.
- You will now be prompted to enter your new address so enter your new address and upload the relevant documents.
- In the next step, you can select the BPO Service provider and click on submit button. You will receive a request number which can be used by you to track the status of the changes.
- You can check the status of your update request by clicking here.
Offline Process to Update the Address
If your mobile number is not located to Aadhaar number then you would have to take the offline path and here is how you can do it.
- You can start by locating the nearest enrollment center and you can find the same by clicking here.
- After visiting the center, you can obtain an Aadhaar correction form and you can fill the form as per the requirements. You would also require attaching a copy of the address proof with the form.
- You can then submit the form to the operator and he will put in a request to update the address. You will also receive an acknowledgment slip for the same and you must keep the slip safely with you.
It should be noted that the address update request is subjected to approval and the address will only be updated once the documents are verified by the agency. In addition to this, it can take up to 90 days to update the address on the Aadhaar and once the request is complete, you can download a copy of Aadhaar card with help of online services.