Yes, we often get panic when we lose one of our mandatory documents. But here the Government of India provides such facility where we can get our Aadhar card just at a click, even if it is lost.
Any person who is a resident of India is provided with 12- digit number by the UIDAI for the purpose of Identification irrespective of caste, religion, gender, age etc.
Aadhaar card has become compulsory for all the inhabitants; Banks, even online portal, airport, Telecom Company etc verify the Aadhaar card.
The below mentioned are the Steps which required to be followed for getting or obtaining new Aadhar Card, if the Aadhar card is lost/ misplaced:
It is not like you need to visit the nearest centre and re-apply for Aadhar Card, wait for long time. In the era of digitalization everything is possible just at one click. The process is very easy and can be followed by anyone.
The individual can use m-Aadhaar app having a total different process or can follow the below mentioned steps:
- Open any browser preferably Google chrome, and login to the certified Aadhar portal (https://www.uidai.gov.in/) of the Government, don’t rely on third party website.
- Now find “Retrieve your Lost EID/UID” tab it will land you at this page: https://resident.uidai.gov.in/find-uid-eid
- Do fill the require details like:
- Registered Email- Id
- Registered Mobile Number
- You will be advised to generate an OTP; the OTP is shared with registered mail id or mobile number whatever option you choose.
- After entering the required OTP, validate the desired option.
- The next process you; will be directed with the enrolment number.
- Next the Aadhaar card will be downloaded or retrieved in the form of PDF. See this link to find the password of your e-aadhar pdf file.
- The downloaded PDF can be saved in desktop/ laptop or in email or in smart phones.
- It can be downloaded with the help of Enrolment number, Virtual ID or Electronic ID.
The residents can enroll for Aadhaar card at free of cost.
Like we are living in a digital area, we use different e-commerce platforms for shopping accessories, clothing: Just at one click. Sometimes we lost our important or valuable documents, we by-mistakenly throw it out or it gets misplaced with some other papers etc. So it is safe to keep every document handy, we can keep every document handy in our drive, or in our phone. But again, if there is some technical error, we need to fetch the documents again.
It is not so difficult to get another Aadhar Card, if lost. You need to verify it with registerd mobile number or email id.
For keeping the documents handy, sometimes we require scan copy of documents or we need to mail someone. We can use the downloaded Aadhaar, without clicking or taking a photocopy of the Aadhar Card. Yester years there was n number documents which was considered as Identity proof like electricity bill, PAN card , Passport, Bank statement etc. Now a day’s along with this Aadhar card is utmost important.